top of page

Frequently Asked Questions

What You Need to Know

I just purchased property in Notla Water's service area. How do I get water service?

Once you've closed on your new property, you will need to install a driveway and get a 911 address assigned. Then bring in your closing documents/settlement papers to verify ownership, your current driver's license for identity proof, and your $1500 meter set fee to the office. We will fill out an application and create an account for service for you!

I just bought a house in your service area.  What do I need to do?

Once you've closed on the purchase of your new home, bring us your closing/settlement papers to verify ownership, your current driver's license for identity proof, and a $30 administrative account transfer fee. We will fill out an application and create an account for service for you!

I can't seem to set up my account online to pay by credit card. What am I doing wrong?

We use a secure third party company called Arista to collect payments online. An account has already been set up for you using your Notla Water account number. Activate your account by using your account number as the Customer ID and the initial Password. You can find the complete step-by-step instructions under the PAYMENTS tab at the upper right hand corner menu.

Call Before You Dig

What You Need to Know

I will be doing some landscaping around my property and I have no idea where my utilities are located.  What do I do?

Georgia 811 is a nonprofit corporation dedicated to preventing damage to Georgia’s underground utilities and promoting public safety. They function as a communication system, connecting our member utility companies with professional excavators and homeowners who are planning mechanized digging activity such as excavation, tunneling, grading, boring and demolition.

Although it is not required by Georgia law to notify Georgia 811 if a smaller, non-mechanized digging project is planned, residents are encouraged to do so to ensure their personal safety and the safety of those around them. These projects can include installing a fence, deck, swing set or mail box; planting trees or landscaping.
This notification system provides Georgia 811 members an opportunity to locate and identify any underground facilities they may have in an area where digging is planned.

Call before you dig. The law protects us all.  Georgia law mandates that, before beginning any mechanized digging or excavation work, you must contact Georgia 811 by calling 811 or 1-800-282-7411  at least 48 hours but no more than 10 working days in advance to have utility lines marked.

Professional excavators can use the Georgia 811 Online Ticketing System to enter and manage locate requests online. If you are not currently trained in using the online ticketing system, visit our online ticket training page for training options.

Georgia811 Hours and Holidays

The administrative office of Georgia 811 is open Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
To contact the Georgia 811 administrative office, call 770-623-4332.
Georgia 811’s Contact Center is open Monday through Friday 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. to take normal locate requests. The contact center is open 24/7 to take damage and emergency locate requests. Call the contact center by dialing 811 or 800-282-7411.

bottom of page